Sunday 16 March 2008

Meet Polly the Dog!




Yes we have got a dog, and her name is Polly, named after Polly Pocket, when you have three little girls, John and I tend to get out voted, we were pushing for Poppy but Polly it has ended up being called!

Polly with the Girls!


So, we got her two weeks ago, and she flew up from Christchurch, and she was the smallest thing you have ever seen. To say the girls were excited was an understatement. Paddy talked non-stop on the way to the airport to pick her up and then on the way home she held her in a death like grip with a grin from ear to ear!!

We got Polly for Paddy (even though she is a family dog), we thought it might be good for Paddy when she has her surgery this year, I wonder if she will reduce my stress levels?! Well the poor dog doesn't get a moments peace and she is so good with it all, the other day I went out side and there was Polly on the back of the bike, just cruising, Paddy was very pleased with her self.


Paddy and Polly



We are getting there with toilet training, and as I have to clean up another wee I tell myself we are doing this for the kids!

Last week we went to puppy school, and Polly decided to make friends with the biggest dog there - a doberman, Polly is only 2kg, and she won't get much bigger than 3, this other dog was 8 so there was a bit of a size difference, that didn't worry Polly she got stuck right in.

I still can't believe we have got a dog, just when the kids had started sleeping a bit later we get a puppy, it truly is like having a child, I think all the Mums at school think I am slightly bonkers, like I said I have to keep telling myself we are doing it for the kids!

2 comments:

Walsh family said...

Thanks Lizzie for getting in touch. will email later. My kids would love a dog, but my excuse is that when they are all old enough and sensible enough to get up in the mornings and take it for a walk tehmselves and train it then they can have a dog. laura is the youngest and 4 years old so I hope I have a bit of time yet. thanks for including sarah's link. I will send you a You tube link from the Attitude TV programme which is from Auckland with Sarah . They came and spent a day with us and she was included in a programme.
talk soon.
patricia

Niki said...

I think Polly is adorable! How smart you are to anticipate that Paddy will need a good friend at the time of the surgery. I know Max would love a dog, but hello, I have twin toddlers and I'm not that dumb! Ha Ha.

Can you tell me about Paddy learning to ride a bike with a limb length discrepancy?