Monday 29 September 2008

A trip to the Auckland Museum




Last week we went on a kindy trip to The Auckland Museum and it was brilliant (chaotic but good). We went to see a Maori Cultural show where we saw lots of different dances and the Haka (the war dance that the All Blacks do before a rugby match), it was great to see it done with everyone in traditional costume!
The kids all had a brilliant time as they have been learning the Haka at kindy, they also got to see lots of things like a wharenui (meeting house) and the picture of them standing in front of a storage house.
I really enjoy going on school trips as the kids just have such a good time and I have great memories of going on them when I was little, I hope my kids remember them too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_CaSu-fnGg Here is a link to the All Blacks doing the Haka, it is an old video but a goodie!!!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: