Sunday 8 March 2009

Bees online.....

Today being a Sunday, and having got all our jobs done, we thought what could we do with the rest of our Sunday? Emma is studying bees at school at the moment, and we had heard of this place called Bees Online, so we thought why not got for a visit?
It is a bit of a drive out of Auckland, about 50km west, which is quite a hike for us city dwellers, but it was a lovely drive through country side, and on the way we noticed quite a few vineyards that we could visit, but that will be another day and another story!
As I am forgetful on occasions, I of course forgot my camera. It was the most wonderful place, we had a delicious lunch, everything had honey somehow infused into the food. After a great meal we took the kids to look at some hives in action, and then we spent the rest of our money on some fantastic honey products.
To cap it all off John took the girls to see some horses, of course now they would like one for a Christmas present, I wonder how Santa is going to fit one of those down the chimney?
Anyway, as I didn't take my camera here is the link to where we spent our Sunday afternoon!!
http://www.beesonline.co.nz/

1 comment:

Radar's Mom said...

That bees wonderful!! I don't know if your side of the world is suffering the same bee shortage that we are seeing on this side of the world, but it is wonderful that your girls are learning what wonderful little animals bees are (except when you step on them and they sting you!)

Oh - and love, love, love the lips pictures.

Incidentally, I haven't seen any pink nappies, just the denim ones - but since I've only got Radar, I guess my radar is only detecting boy things.

Hugs and pugs!