Wednesday 30 April 2008

Emma gets a certificate!

Emma and her certificate

The last Friday before school holidays Emma got a certificate for good use of capital letters and full stops!

Way to go Emma, she must have her fathers genes for good grammar, as I missed the boat somewhere along the line, (I was much better at maths than English). Now thanks to Niki I (sort of) can put apostrophes in the right place, I still need a bit of practice though.

Every Friday Emma's school has an assembly where all the kids go to the hall for songs, and certificates. It is really good the way the children get into the singing, and it is great the way the school encourages the children to learn and do well by them receiving certificates. In my book competition is a healthy part of growing up, I know in this PC world we live in, 'no one' should be better than the other, but I don't agree with that.


I digress..... John and I were the proud Mum and Dad, (along with lots of others), and Emma was as pleased as punch with herself!

1 comment:

Niki said...

How sweet Emma looks getting her certificate! You are so funny with the apostrophes! ha ha, you could have just told me that you don't use them in NZ and I would believe you!

I agree with you, Lizzie, I think competition is good too. My husband and I always talk about how stupid it is that now days everyone gets a trophy!