Monday 19 May 2008

Difficult questions?

Last night as I was giving Paddy a cuddle before she went to sleep, she asked me 'how will my little foot get to heaven?'

I honestly didn't know what to say for a few minutes, my beautiful little girl asked me one of those questions that I was lost for words, as people who know me I always have something to say!

So after a deep breath, where I got my self together I told her the Fairies took it up there, I am not particularly religious, but I guess for Paddy if it makes her feel better then that is where the foot is going! I have to say, that is the thing that makes me feel the saddest about this whole ordeal, where her little foot will actually end up. To me, and I am sure John feels the same, Paddy's foot is beautiful, it just really isn't that good and later on in life it will be useless. But to think they are going to take it off and probably discard it, well it makes me feel awful, but what can we do, we can't leave it and LL is just not an option for us, I just hope that when Paddy is an adult she feels the same way too!

Then this morning as I was getting the girls dressed for the day, Georgie told me very firmly that she no longer wanted to dress as a twin!!!!

Before I had children I always thought how naff it was when I saw twins who where dressed the same, never would I do that I said. Well roll on 15 years and I ended up with identical twin girls, and I couldn't help myself I ended up dressing them the same, it was just easier that way, and when you have three little ones we all want an easy life don't we? So I guess it is an end of an era really, the plus side is I will be able to tell them apart in photo's and it is good the Georgie wants a bit of independence, Paddy I don't think was too happy, but I guess it is all part of growing up!

1 comment:

Niki said...

Oh Lizzie, I know how you feel about that beautiful little foot. Sweet Paddy. I think that the fairies are perfect for the job.

If you go to my blog and look at the posts in June 2007 you will find a lot of this kind of talk. Check out...
http://madeleineandmax.blogspot.com/2007/06/importance-of-feet.html

It was hard to say goodbye but as you know Madeleine's foot was beautiful but not functional.

My heart is with you now.

Niki