Thursday 22 May 2008

We have a date!

Finally after what seems like ages we have a date for Paddy's surgery. I had been on the phone to the hospital for the last couple of weeks chasing things up, as we have to got through the public system here in NZ, things take awhile to sort out. Even though I had been in touch it still was a huge shock when we got phoned yesterday. I was at gymnastics with Emma and her friend Sophie, when John phoned me on my mobile, my legs went like jelly, you think you are prepared but I don't think anything can prepare you for that phone call.

So next Wednesday 28th we go in and I think the operation will be first thing in the morning, we have to go the day before for a pre op run down, they will explain everything again, maybe give us the chance to change our minds, it is such a huge thing, but to me the other option is just not a option!

Last night John and I talked about, when do we tell Paddy, now or closer to the surgery, we decided to tell her now, she took it all in her stride as usual, I just hope she handles it just as well after the surgery, in fact I think she is doing much better than John and I. My kids never fail to surprise me, especially Paddy with her happy go lucky attitude, she is just wonderful!

So there we are, finally after four years of watching and waiting, and I think the biggest decision of our lives we are here, ready and waiting, for this means we can move forward without this hanging over our heads, and I tell you that has to be a good thing. Don't get me wrong I know we have a lot of hard work ahead of us, but at least things are happening and I think that is great!

No comments: