Friday 23 May 2008

Mixed emotions

I feel very flat today, mixed feelings about everything. I keep looking at Paddy's foot and I can't believe that it won't be there next week. I know deep down we are doing the right thing as we have to look long term and not think how good she is at the moment. Having said that Paddy can't walk too far, without her leg hurting, and she does tire quicker than Georgie. She does give it a good go though, she is such a trooper!

Yesterday I showed her pictures again of what her leg is going to look like without a foot, and also pictures of LL and I said to her she still does have a choice, I said with LL she would still keep her foot, but she was adamant that she wanted her 'magic leg'. I keep going on to Paddy about things, because my biggest fear is she is so good about everything now that after the surgery she is going to freak out, I just don't know how much she actually absorbs, I just want her to be prepared. The other day she said 'Mummy stop going on about things!' John said he wished he had been here to hear that!

Matters aren't helped by my poor old Dad got rushed to hospital again today. He phoned us at 5.30 this morning to tell us that he was having really bad angina attacks. John and I were still asleep and at first I thought it was the pub being burgled and it was the security firm ringing us, so John rushed off to be with him. in our family when it rains it pours!

No comments: