Tuesday 27 May 2008

Surgery tomorrow

We had a busy day today, Paddy had to go up to the hospital for pre-admin before her surgery tomorrow. I think we just about saw everyone that we could possibly see, it was an emotional day for me as reality has set in.

The good thing is that when we saw Mr Walsh the surgeon who is operating on Paddy he told us that we have made the right decision, as up until now he wouldn't commit either way. I think the reason for this is that it had to be our decision alone, he could tell us all the facts but ultimately it was up to us. So hearing him say that, well it just made John and I feel a whole lot better.

Everybody has been so generous to John and I, my lovely friend Lisa organised us to do casts of Paddy's feet so we can always remember what her little foot is like, seeing the casts, it has made us realise how different her feet are, I was very surprised, I mean I look at her feet every day but seeing them done like that, well it is totally different. Becks and her family sent us some beautiful flowers, and the wonderful Mums from school have organised meals for us, I was totally overwhelmed! We have also had phone calls from overseas to wish us all well. My sister in law Liz, she has been great ringing to check on us all the time. Patricia in Australia who has Sarah who also has FH and had her foot amputated when she was 18 months, well we had a lovely chat, which made me feel a whole lot better. We can't forget my lovely Mum who is coming to stay and will help us out, what would we do without our Mums eh? Nanny Jo from Wales has also been keeping the blower glowing with love and support.

We will keep everyone posted with how it all goes. Speak to you soon.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

We will be thinking of you all tommorow. What a brave little girl you have! Big hugs to you all.
Jenna-mom to Logan TH